Monday, June 15, 2009

Is this irony, or not irony? It's confusing.

I feel like in my life I have spent a lot of time explaining to people that travelling overseas is not dangerous, people don't target you because you are foriegn, most countries have a vested interest in maintaining the safety of their tourists, blah blah blah. Then yesterday I got robbed.

I got robbed while I was riding the previously mentioned motorcycle ON THE EXPRESSWAY. Yeah, I didn't even have to slow down to get robbed. The douchebag rode up beside me, grabbed my bag, gave my bike a shove, and was off. My bag, which had an unfortunate amount of stuff I would have prefered not to lose, was snatched right out of the basket and I was forced to wave goodbye to my phone, camera, notebook full of recipes, watch, ring, mp3 player and my backpack itself, which was awesome. Also, my water bottle.

I chased the twatwaffle who grabbed the bag for awhile, but he obviously had done this before, and I wasn't in the mood to be robbed and die in an accident in the same day. At least I wasn't hurt, and things can be replaced. Cold comfort, but still. Not dead at the end of a robbery is a fine consolation prize.

Luckily the asshat on a bike turned the corner too fast and ran into a petrol truck and died in the ensuing explosion. [This is what I like to call imagined reality. It's the best. Try it.]

4 comments:

  1. RECIPE BOOK?!!
    OK, I'm willing to chip in for a bounty you can put out on the thief's head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look out Asia, no one likes an angry Badger! You are all in BIG trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Motorcycle gang member found clawed to death in Pulau Pinang leaves cops baffled"

    ReplyDelete