Monday, June 29, 2009

Birthday Weekend A Success; Nation Cheers


Josh and me in the minibus on the way to the Thai border.


Uhhhhhh.... right. This is what Josh is around for. READ THE SIGN, MONKEY! No, really, he's totally good at reading signs and I am proud.


Raul (we named our car Raul. Get on board.) has many cousins in Thailand! His name is Pracornchit. No seriously.


Oh god THE FOOD. Coconut Curried Fish and Braised Pork with Green Chili, over jasmine rice. OH GOD THE FOOD.


Even better with a bottle of $2 ice cold Singha beer. OH MY GOD THE FOOD.


From left to right: red beef curry with coconut milk, red braised pork in ginger-wine broth, sour tamarind curry, chicken curry with sweet potato. Did I mention: OH GOD THE FOOD.


Our Thai friends, excited that we could eat "village style". I think it was called village style because there was a pig laying in some mud about fifteen feet to the left and a chicken was sitting under the table at one point. As if farm animals are going to keep me from eating curry.


Me, swimming in a waterfall, in the jungle, the day I turned 32. Swimming in the waterfalls in the jungle was seriously one of the best, most refreshing things I have ever done and I never want to forget about it. Although, two minutes before this, the Thai kids in the picture were laughing at me histerically because I fell into the water, cause I am totally awesomely coordinated. Hope the government doesn't mind my passport being soaked.



This picture is blurry cause it was night and everything was moving and Josh had drank like four beers at this point, but look very carefully at what I am petting. AN ELEPHANT. That's right. I fed it sugarcane and it put its weird, wet trunk on my head and I felt very special.


After many more beers, Josh decided he needed the "Fat Girl Special" from 7-11, which is instant noodles with a spicy hotdog inside. No really, it's called that.


So in summary, Thailand is awesome. That is all.

4 comments:

  1. Raul says he finds Pracornchit attractive. Is that wrong? Hopefully they are at least 2nd cousins.

    No matter how drunk or how fat I get, I am NOT eating a hot dog in noodles. Everything else, however, I will definitely eat if drunk enough. Including the chicken under the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I demand to eat village style when we are in Thailand. I also want to add "pet an elephant" to our short list of fun which includes: food, beer, beach, beer, food, temple, food, beer, market, beer and food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fat girl special comes in the cup with the picture of the fat girl. Could be a warning label. A very funny one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELLO?? Stop having fun and start entertaining me again.

    ReplyDelete